- Experience writing quality frontend code, with specific experience in Vue.js necessary.
- Strong knowledge of Vue.js fundamentals, like state, watchers, etc.
- Proficiency in more advanced topics like data fetching patterns, handling authentication, routing, and application structure in Vue.js codebases.
- Proficiency fetching data from and interacting with REST or GraphQL APIs.
- A bias towards designing software for maintainability using principles like SOLID, modularity, loose coupling, etc.
- Strong understanding of CSS fundamentals, like the box-model. Proficiency using and knowing when to use the different CSS layout modes like `flex` and `grid`.
- Strong CSS ability. You can confidently implement any design in quality CSS, either any of CSS-in-JS, CSS itself, or a compiles-to-CSS language like SASS.
- As a bonus, you might have some familiarity with a CSS naming schemes like BEM / SMACSS etc.
- As a bonus, you might have some fluency in TypeScript.
Culture at Dado
We don't take ourselves too seriously. Our work environment is fun, friendly and sincere. We pride ourselves on technical excellence and consider the work we do a craft. We love learning (and put our money where our mouth is with an educational material allowance). We care about each other. We understand that true technical excellence can only happen when engineers feel safe, energised, and valued.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing bugs (actually this one not so much)
- Brainstorming features with product managers and other engineers and guiding decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Implementing features that will impact real users. Some of our applications have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users.
- (if you work in-person) Play for glory in the Dado Ping Pong PowerLeague. Or just get beaten by Jamie in an ad-hoc office friendly. The table is always ready for a game.
- (if you work remote) Play for glory in the Dado Jackbox.TV Global Championships. Or join us in the Dado Minecraft server. Any time is a good time to defeat the Ender dragon.
- Reviewing pull requests and creating and having yours reviewed.
- Collaborating with backend engineers and communicating with project managers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with API endpoints
- Assisting our skilled team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production